My Blog List

Sunday, February 9, 2014

River of Hope

Greetings my FRIENDS:

I spent the weekend tying up some Spey flies. Mostly Greg Senyo patterns. I love his fly designs they are built light and swing very well in the Great Lakes region. What else could any of us do this weekend, besides snow management? 

We can't fish the rivers!!! They are locked up tight and frozen. Its just depressing I tell ya. 

So to keep my sanity this weekend I did things that help me stay connected to the sport while I wait for Spring. Like tying flies and attending a fishing show. While farming the internet, I came across this video. It's such an awesome piece and worth watching. 

So take a few minutes and check it out. Its basically a story about a father and son who fished a certain stretch of their favorite home river and lost that special spot due to logging practices. They did such a nice job on this video, that I was inspired and I hope you will be too.

Keep in mind us Fisherman who love the outdoors are the true conservationist's of our land and rivers. All of us need to get involved or do something to help out.  If we all do something small we can make a huge difference. If we do nothing who will? 

For example if your not a member of Trout Unlimited, then you should be. That's an easy way to help out. Log on their website and join TU today. You did not even have to break a sweat. Speaking of sweat one of the fishing clubs I belong to will be hosting two river clean up projects this year. Stay tuned I will post the dates and maybe you can join us and help out. We would love to have you.

Its a Monday so back to the grind. Try and have a great week at work and think Spring. 

I leave you with this:

"The top three conservation issues in the WORLD are water, water and water." 

We're only here for short while, one day we all will end up down stream. 

Will you leave this place better than you found it before you go?

Roger



River of Hope "The Wild Reverence Sessions" from North Fork Studios on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment