My Blog List

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hell or High Water



No I'm not referring to the band. But I did use their logo and out of respect posted the bands video. Sorry I do prefer the band AC/DC.



Where the phrase came from is not well  understood but some say it came from the cowboy days and cattle drives in the Western parts of the US. When trying to cross a river during periods of High Water this was a risky proposition.  

The phrase is impressive, it refers to things that are obviously difficult to overcome. Such as this thing we call life. Let alone try to get a Steel Head to bite in High Dirty Water conditions. Otherwise known as chocolate milk.

But a blown out river is nothing in comparison when you consider we had the highest snow fall on record for many states in over a hundred years. Which means the aftermath is high, dirty water conditions and crazy temperature swings, etc? 


Many anglers get discouraged and stay at home which is understandable. My advice is to check the rivers out around you and see if one will fish. That's what I'm going to do come Hell or High Water. 

When I think about it we already have the High Water part! Its the Hell part we could do without.Speaking of HELL don't forget it's Easter and make sure you go to Church on Sunday!


Most of us have been stuck indoors all winter long. So I'm going fishing this weekend no mater what. I hope to get a rod or two bent. I hope you find some time to get out this Easter weekend come Hell or High water!

I leave you with this:

" I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." 

John Gierach


Tight Lines and PASS the HAM!

    

FISH'ISMS






VIDEO POST






"Swing North" (Trailer) - Official Selection, IF4 2014 from IF4 on Vimeo.


Don't forget to support our sponsors and subscribe to this BLOG at the top of this page! Your comments are always welcome and join us on Facebook and Twitter or give our page a share with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment