My Blog List

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Down on the FARM

Down on the farm can mean alot of things to alot of people. To me the first thing that comes to mind is, the good old fashioned farm pond. These are private places with no fishing pressure and if the fish are in the mood, the fishing can be epic.

Now when I say epic, I mean lots of fish and just plain fun. My son and I visited my buddies farm and were allowed to fish a few different ponds they own. Luckily for us the ponds were deep enough and had aerators. So there were no Polar Vortex casualties to the fish population, like everywhere else across the Midwest. Wow was the fishing good. We lost count after 80 fish, no joke. No giant fish were caught that day. Nothing that will make a magazine cover or anything. The action was fast and furious and lot's of fun. That's what it's all about for the kids.





I was armed with my 5 wt fly rod fishing small poppers and black spiders. My son Jake was just fishing a 1/32 ounce Mister Twister. He ended up with the biggest bass of the day. Which made me proud and made him happy, for he had bragging rights. The smile on his face made my day.



Too me, taking a kid fishing is so important these days. To tell you the truth, I can't believe fishing, and the outdoors is even in competition with video games. When I was a kid I lived outdoors. Hey what do I know, I'm a old guy right? 


After fishing we got to shoot real guns at the range. I even let him shoot my 300 ultra mag. I had to make sure this gun was still on for my trip out west. FYI the photo does not show it, but he was wearing safety glasses and foam ear plugs. We wrapped up the day with a steak dinner. I know you want be my kid right?


No product reviews or tech tips this week to share. Just trying to inspire those Dad's out there to spend some time with their children. Father and Son this weekend was what its all about. At the end of your journey we call life we all end up down stream. Life is short, enjoy every day. Especially with your kids they are your most important legacy.

I leave you with this today.

 A child’s world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement. It is our misfortune that for most of us that clear-eyed vision, that true instinct for what is beautiful, is dimmed and even lost before we reach adulthood. 

Don't deny your child of this and put your glasses on and see what they see again. 

Life is good! Thanks again for your support.

Fish on!







I WANNA GO!





Big Sky Rod Box - How It's Made in Montana



FISH'ISMS






Don't forget to support our sponsors and subscribe to this BLOG at the top of this page! Your comments are always welcome and join us on Facebook and Twitter or give our page a share with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment